History is led by Mrs Rickard.
At Bovingdon Primary Academy, we teach a wide variety of topics ranging from Local History studies of their own area to British History to ancient world civilizations.
A Bovingdon Primary Academy historian should leave at the end of Key Stage 2 with…
- a mature and informed historical perspective on their world
- a knowledge and understanding of Britain’s past and that of the wider world.
- the ability to investigate, connect, contrast, interpret, analyse and question historical evidence
- to understand the historical concepts of significance, continuity and change, cause and consequence and similarity and difference
- an understanding of and ability to accurately use historical terms and vocabulary
- to be able to reflect, analyse and evaluate their own work and those of others