Religious Education is led by Miss Burrows.
Religious Education at Bovingdon is a wonderful way to support our schools vision because it shows children that while everybody is different we all belong and we are all important. The children cover each major world religion multiple times throughout their time here and look at different aspects of it each time. RE includes wonderful trips to the churches in Bovingdon and Chesham mosque as well as a visit from a Rabbi.
Religious Education Aims
Bovingdon Primary Academy pupil should leave at the end of Key Stage 2 with…
- an understanding that everybody belongs
- respect of people’s similarities and differences in all aspects but especially religion and culture
- the ability to show compassion
- respect and understanding of the impact of faith
- an understanding of what is right and wrong.
- an understanding of the morals religion teaches
- the ability to reflect on their own beliefs, different beliefs, religious teachings, ultimate questions and stories
- the understanding of how diverse communities live together.
- the ability to ask and answer challenging questions about their own and other faiths
- to know a range of religious stories and understanding the meaning behind them